Maintain Optimum Performance with Regular Maintenance
It’s tough being an air conditioner in Florida. Some A/C systems in colder climates have probably already got a thorough going over and a nice pat on the back for a summer’s job well done. Ours? Probably humming along thinking, ‘do I ever get a break?’
Well, let’s not say ‘break’. How about ‘maintained’? Air conditioner maintenance will lengthen the life of your unit and make it run more efficiently, lowering your energy bill.
Here are a few air conditioner maintenance reminders from our friends over at the EPA.
- Have your air filter changed every month. While this is a simple task, it’s one we can easily forget.
- Make sure your system’s electrical connections are checked and are snug. Your Simpson HVAC technician can even check the current and voltage on the motors. A problem with the electrical connections can easily short out the components in your unit.
- Get the coils, drain pan, and drain hose inspected and cleaned if needed.
- Have your technician also check the pressure of your unit’s refrigerant. If your air conditioner isn’t cooling as well as it used to be, it may be time to recharge the unit.
- Your technician should also check the blower and make sure your system has adequate airflow. A clean blower means your unit won’t have to work as hard to do its job.
These are just few air conditioner maintenance reminders that will keep your unit running nicely and your house nice and cool.