A/C Maintenance Now for a Cool Summer
We all know that when it comes to our health, prevention is the best medicine. Did you know that the same is true for your air conditioning system? A little preventative maintenance can go a long way toward keeping you cool all summer long and helping you save money.
If you’re not convinced, here are a few reasons that you should take preventative maintenance seriously:
- Warranty – Most equipment warranties require regular maintenance; if you don’t do this, you may void the warranty.
- Inefficiency – Neglecting to properly clean and maintain your cooling system can result in inefficiency or failure; this can unnecessarily cost you a lot of money.
- Savings – Both energy savings and lower utility bills. A well-maintained air conditioning system has a higher capacity and will last longer.
- Ease – Having a professional technician perform regular maintenance once or twice a year can save you tons of time and money. Just schedule it and forget it!
There are a number of activities that you can do on your own as part of a regular preventative maintenance schedule:
- Check and clean filters once a month.
- At the beginning of summer, check your thermostat settings and make sure the air conditioner turns on and off when it should.
- Lubricate moving parts. If you’re not sure how to do this, ask your technician, we will be thrilled that you want to participate in preventative maintenance.
- Clean indoor and outdoor coils before summer.
- Make sure the condensate drain is clean and not plugged.
A professional technician can check the refrigerant in your air conditioning system, measure airflow over the cooling coils, and inspect the motor and other key parts to ensure your system is functioning as efficiently as possible.
Having professional preventative maintenance done now will ensure that your air conditioning system is ready to go and you won’t have to wait in the heat for an appointment. The professionals at Simpson Air are happy to help or answer any questions you have. Feel free to call.